Even though people do not think so much about their skin it really plays a very important role and it has to be properly cared for. Your skin is a vital organ because without it you would dehydrate and dry up.
There are many products that are meant to care for your skin such as moisturizers, soaps, shower gels, and the list goes on. But are they truly helpful and natural? PH plays an important role, too, and it is essential to use a pH balanced body wash. This stays for both men and women because body wash for men is also meaningful. If not, the skin can easily become dry, rigid, and itchy.
How to Check the pH of Products?
Checking the pH of body cleansing products can be done easily in two ways: with a digital pH meter or with litmus paper.
Digital pH meter:
- Step 1 – Use distilled water for testing the soap, pour the water in a cup and then you have to boil it to melt the soap
- Step 2 – Whilst the water heats, shave some soap particles and then place them on a container
- Step 3 – Pour boiling water over the soap and then stir
- Step 4 – Wait a few moments so the waters cools
- Step 5 – Once it has cooled, place the pH meter vertically into the container
- Step 6 – Check the result on the digital display
- Step 7 – Clean the pH meter let it dry before storing
- Step 1 – Buy some pH test strips
- Step 2 – Wet the strip with soap
- Step 3 – Wait to work out
- Step 4 – Compare the color against a key to read the pH
Both ways are efficient and simple to be tried so you don’t have to worry that you won’t have a final outcome.
What Does PH Balance Deal With?
The pH represents the potential of hydrogen and it is a method to measure the acid or alkaline level of water-soluble liquids. There is a pH scale that starts at 0 which is also the most acidic amount. The general skin’s pH is around 5.5. This is known as the acid mantle and prevents the body against harmful bacteria and viruses.
- A pH of 5.0 is 10x more acidic than a pH of 4.0
- A pH of 3.0 is 100x more acidic than and a pH of 5.0
- A pH of 2.0 is 1000x more acidic than a pH of 5.0
Useful Skincare Products
These products matter a lot and they can be very helpful if chosen properly. Those that are high in alkalinity are able to expand and bring various inflammations of your skin follicles. Additionally, changing the pH frequently and using non-pH balanced products can cause problems to your skin. It is recommended to use products that are in the pH range of the skin (4.5-6.0). As mentioned above, in order to be on point with this aspect you can easily test the pH.
PH and Nutrition
Even though we take care of our skin with a lot of cosmetic products, food is another decisive feature that can weigh a lot. An alkaline-diet might be the best choice for a healthier and clearer skin. There are some alkaline foods extremely high in vitamins and minerals. This is why it is recommended to eat:
- More fruits and vegetables
- Grains such as quinoa, spelt, millet, and amaranth
- Coconut, avocado, and olive oil
- Nuts and seeds
And to drink:
- Coconut water
- Green smoothies
- Herbal tea
- Almond milk
Try to reduce:
- Processed food
- Soft drinks and alcohol